Ingredients (6 servings):
- Make 1 circle with each puff pastry. (2 puff pastries so 2 circles.)
- In a mixing bowl, mix the almond powder and the sugar. Stir.
- Make a hole in the mix and crack the eggs. Add the soft butter, the almond extract and mix very well. (Tip: You need to get a smooth texture.)
- Line a baking tray and put your puff pastry on it. Add the almond mix in the middle of your pastry and spread it. Make sure you leave 1 cm space on the edges.
- Cover with your other pastry and seal. Don’t forget to make a little hole in the middle of your frangipane before putting it in the oven.
- With a knife make some lines on the top of your pastry.
- In a bowl, crack the last egg and separate the yolk and the white. With a pastry brush, spread the egg yolk all around your frangipane. It will give a nice colour when cooking.
- Put it in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes depending on the size of your frangipane.
Little Chef tips:
If you want to make your frangipane very shiny, make a glaze with 3 tablespoons of water and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Boil the mix and when your frangipane is out of the oven, glaze it with the mix.
Another tip: You can add 1 tablespoon of crème fraiche or double cream to the almond mix to make it smoother.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes