Ingredients for 8 crepes:
- Melt the butter using a “bain marie” (Alternatively place the butter in a small cooking glass container into a pan of hot water to melt slowly).
- Pour the flour into a large mixing bowl and make a hole in the middle.
- In the other mixing bowl, crack the eggs, gradually pour in the milk, add the salt, the melted butter and beat until smooth.
- When all the ingredients are combined, pour the mixture into the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Leave the mixture to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat (medium heat) a lightly-oiled frying pan and pour a scoop of the crepe mixture into the saucepan. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side when it is nicely browned. Serve hot.
Little Chef tips:
If you want lighter crepes, you can add 150ml skimmed-milk and 100ml water.
For the toppings, feel free to add what you want: honey, brown sugar with lemon juice, jam for little chefs who like sweet crepes. Ham, olives or mozzarella for the ones who love salty crepes.
“I love mine with lemon and lime juice and coconut sugar. Try it!”
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 10 minutes